Large gardens are beautiful places to relax and enjoy, children also enjoy playing in them as long as they are engaged in really fun kids garden games. Large gardens have a lot to offer including lots of room to roam as well as many plants and trees. Anyone who has a garden this large knows that managing it can be quite a chore, so it is best to use it to its full extent with the family so as to not waste the effort.
The Simple Things
Simple games such as hide and go seek, and capture the flag make good kids garden games especially in very expansive gardens that have almost an acre. Sometimes a round of hide and go seek can last 30 minutes until the person who’s it finally gives up and yells “olly olly oxen free”. These games are a great way of getting children the proper exercise they need. One of the major problems facing society these days is childhood obesity which is aggravated by the effects of dependence on digital media such as videogames and television. The garden is a great escape from both of these developmental hindrances. If you have a large garden, consider yourself lucky and make sure to make full use of it as it is a true luxury.
Use Your Imagination
With such a large garden kids garden games can take on a life of their own with role playing games such as pirate treasure hunting, scavenger hunts or even games where you have magical powers. Take cues from popular media that your kids may be interested in. One activity that could blend both worlds of the outdoors and the movies is to have a movie marathon of Pirates of the Caribbean and then make a treasure map for them to follow. To make things more interesting you can set up two opposing teams to find a single hidden treasure. The treasure you “bury” can be anything, a treat or even some really nice toys that they can use in the garden. As the children get older you can make the game more challenging and harder to complete. Games such as this test the critical problem solving skills and spatial cognitive skills of children which helps to foster brighter more intelligent children. In a large garden another great activity to get the children’s heart rates up is a squirt gun war, all it takes is some water and your super soaker of choice, and the rest is lost in the fog of war.
Children are at risk in today’s society due to the socio-economic disposition of their parents which limits the amount of time they spend with their children which leads children to find stimuli and guidance from other sources such as television and videogames. If you are a working parent make sure to set some time to the side for your children, it’s not the amount of time but the quality of the time spent together. Kids garden games are a great way for siblings and parents to bond and get together.
Nowadays, it has been observed that kids are more likely wants to play inside their rooms. They are always wants to play games in the computer and other gadgets, and also watching televisions. Some don’t want to go outside because of weather or kids just don’t feel it. So, how you can compete with those indoor games?
They key is to concentrate on showing them how much fun is to be found outdoors. It is hard to encourage them but this would be showing them the possibilities that are available.
Here are some tips on how you can encourage kids to go in the park or in the garden:
1. Give time to your child. As a parent, time is very important to your child. This is what they are asking for. You should have time management for you to balance your time in your work and your family.
2. Monitor their daily routine. Always check your child. What they are doing in the morning? In the afternoon or in the evening? You should know it.
3. Schedule the daily activities your house or garden. You can schedule it two to three times a week. Usually, every weekend.
4. Encourage them to try one of the easy games that they can do in the garden. You can prepare an easy game like matchbox game. You can also include giving them an overview about what they can found in the garden. How beautiful to stay and spend time in this place.
5. Do it repeatedly. Make it until your child realize and like to have outdoor games.
Importance of Garden Games
1. Physical exercise. Children need to develop a large motor and small motor skills and cardiovascular endurance. It is important for them to have a simple exercise.
2. Enjoyment of the outdoors. This is one thing that characterizes childhood. I remember when I was child. Our games are always outdoor games. It’s very fun to run, to walk and to be with plants, animals and of course with your neighbor child.
3. Learning about the world. It enables kids to learn and to know a lot about the world. It is better for them to know when they are a young about plants, flowers and trees. How do they grow? Why there are butterflies? There are lessons that child will know during their playing in the garden.
4. Learning about environment. Kids will know on how they can adopt on the environment. Kids should know on how they are physically fit on sports. They should know it from their young age.
5. Health. A child needs a fresh air. Your child cannot breathe it inside your house. Encourage them to go out outside.
6. Allowing children to be children. Children should grow naturally as children. They should enjoy being a child.
When it comes to having fun in the garden you really don’t need to spend a lot of money to make some real fun kids garden games that your kids will really enjoy. All it takes is a little imagination and planning to get full use out of your garden to free your children from the distracting bonds of digital media. Simple games are perfect for young children; games like pickup sticks are easily created and can be played on the deck, patio or gazebo of your garden. Other projects are a bit more time consuming but much worth the effort.
The Sands of Time
Sand boxes provide a small place area that much like the beach allows children to make sand sculptures and castles in the garden. These little bites of the beach help foster the creativity of your child. When making your sandbox for your child there are a few considerations that must be kept in mind. For one not just any sand that you buy in a hardware store should be used in a kids sandbox. Many of these industrial sands contain harmful chemicals such as asbestos, lead and free crystalline silica. You should always source your sand from a source that has been tested for those chemicals. Also if there are any stray cats in your area you may want to consider getting some sort of cover for the sandbox or it may become a large litter box to these opportunistic creatures. A sand box is one of the classic kids garden games, it’s a great way for them to exercise their creativity and imagination.
Your Child the Architect
Another fun activity is to build a fort or tree house with your children. This can become a place that they can hangout and read books or play board games with their friends. Simply it can be their base of operations a little shade from the sun. There are many kids garden games that can be played inside a tree house or fort. Always supervise your children while working with dangerous tools such as saws, hammers and nails, make sure that the structure is safe and there are no exposed nails or rough edges that they can hurt themselves on.
Children are highly imaginative people, sometimes all it takes is to listen to what they want, the garden is your oyster and you can set up all sorts of fun activities and other best kids garden games within its green lush confines. You can see also the benefits of Baby sun protection swimwear.